The Trecan Advantage
Not all snowmelters are alike...
- Trecan is the only Snowmelter manufacturer that uses Submerged Combustion Technology, which produces thermal efficiencies of approximately 98 %, which is much higher than any other Snowmelter manufacturer.
- Water temperature leaving a Trecan Snowmelter is approximately 35 Degrees F. Other Snowmelters with higher discharge temperatures require additional heat input. Heating the water to 60 Degrees F would require an additional 6,750,000 BTU / HR or 48 GPH of fuel. Trecan Snowmelters have much lower fuel consumption per ton of snow than other Snowmelters due to our higher efficiency. Discharging water at 60 Degrees or higher is harmful to the environment. Low water outlet temperature is better for the environment and any fisheries water courses that the melt water would eventually flow into.
- Higher efficiency also means lower total CO2 emissions per ton of melted snow. All the engine waste heat is directed into the melting process for even higher efficiency.
- Unlike other Snowmelter manufacturers, Trecan Snowmelters are easy to clean, since there are no boiler tubes, pumps or other obstructions inside the melting tank.
- Trecan has been designing and manufacturing Snowmelters for 35 years and to date have completed over 500 installations worldwide.
- Trecan is the only Snowmelter manufacturer that is ISO 9001:2000 certified and has had a quality assurance program in place since 2002.
- Only Trecan will provide a detailed customer reference and testimonials list.
- To date Trecan has built and delivered over 35 of our 135-PD Snowmelters to various Airport Authorities and other customers throughout North America.
- Only Trecan Snowmelters are equipped with a Remote Communications Package that allows for 24 / 7 diagnostic checks and trouble shooting.
- Trecan guarantees the capacity of our Snowmelters based on typical snow not containing any ice entering the Snowmelter at -1 Degrees Celsius (30 Degrees F).